pppoe configuration

theblues gnr thebluesgnr at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 5 20:28:28 UTC 2005

>mount -t devfs null directory/dev
>chroot directory sh
>(do whatever you had to try)
>exit
>umount directory/dev

Great news, that worked.
As a note, the commands I ran: (after creating the
directory/etc/ppp/ppp.conf file)
ifconfig rl0 0.0.0.0
ppp -ddial provider

ping works as normal.

After exiting the FreeBSD 5.4 environment the "umount directory/dev"
commands doesn't work (device busy, because ppp is still running). And the
connection still works in the Debian GNU/kFreeBSD environment, so I can
finally use the Internet on it. :)

Thanks for all the help. I would like to help finding the problem in Debian
GNU/kFreeBSD though. Like noted before, it's not in the ifconfig or ppp*
binaries, so I'm guessing a configuration file?