alsa-lib - dep-waits on libasound2-dev

Aurelien Jarno aurelien at aurel32.net
Sat Nov 5 20:58:08 UTC 2005

Petr Salinger a écrit :
> Hi.
Hi!

> It looks like libasound2-dev have one of the biggest dep-waits listed on
> http://unstable.buildd.net/buildd/kfreebsd_Dep-Wait.html
>
> Will be usefull to have something like dummy package, which will provide it ?
>
> I played litle bit with alsa-lib and with attached patch and
>     libtoolize --force
>     aclocal-1.7
>     autoconf
>     automake-1.7
> it can be compiled on GNU/kFreeBSD.
>
> It will not probably work at all with real hardware due to hacked ioctls.
> But it may help for some other packages like kaffe.

It's sure it won't work as alsa is Linux specific and there is no
support for alsa in the FreeBSD kernel.

> What do you think about it ?

I mark those package as dep-wait on libasound2-dev because of lack of
time, but the solution is to not depends on libasound2-dev on
kfreebsd-i386 (libasound2-dev [!kfreebsd-i386]) and to use OSS instead.
Some packages may also need some modifications in debian/rules to
disable alsa support by passing some flags to configure.

Bye
Aurelien

  `. `'   aurel32 at debian.org         | aurelien at aurel32.net