bug in kfreebsd-kernel-headers

Aurelien Jarno aurelien at aurel32.net
Wed Nov 9 18:38:45 UTC 2005

Robert Millan a écrit :
> On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 09:20:39PM +0100, Petr Salinger wrote:
>
>>I am sorry, but I don't know, where to send bug reports.
>>Is there any better place than this mailing list ?
>

> I would suggest using the kfreebsd-5 entry in the BTS.  I'm not very sure if
> patches are now being applied to kfreebsd-kernel-headers, or to kfreebsd-5
> directly.

This has to be applied to kfreebsd-kernel-headers, as the problem is
located on the userspace side. However, I won't apply such a patch
before investigating the consequence a bit more. A first check show me
that it may possibly break a hundred of packages (ie packages that have,
in their source code, one of the symbols that won't be available anymore).

I will come back on this when I have a better view on the impact it can
have.

Bye,
Aurelien

  `. `'   aurel32 at debian.org         | aurelien at aurel32.net