rebuild of glibc-2.3.0 for kfreeBSD (packages to test)

Aurelien Jarno aurelien at aurel32.net
Fri Nov 18 09:07:36 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I have spent the night on the glibc packages and, thanks to Petr
Salinger we provide me the patches, we now have new packages of the
glibc 2.3. Tests packages are available from:

  http://io.debian.net/~aurel32/glibc

They mainly fix problem of ET_DYN/ET_EXEC so that we could now get rid
of the ugly patch in binutils, the fact that ld.so was mapped at
0x00000000, rpcgen which is now compatible with gcc-4.0, the sys_errlist
symbol which was not available, plus some minor fixes.

If you could, please test these packages. Note that you need a kernel
5.4 (which supports ET_DYN and ET_EXEC linker).

If everything is ok, I will upload it soon.

Aurelien

 `. `'   aurel32 at debian.org         | aurelien at aurel32.net