rebuild of glibc-2.3.0 for kfreeBSD (packages to test)

Robert Millan rmh at aybabtu.com
Fri Nov 18 11:38:12 UTC 2005

On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 10:07:36AM +0100, Aurelien Jarno wrote:

> They mainly fix problem of ET_DYN/ET_EXEC so that we could now get rid
> of the ugly patch in binutils, the fact that ld.so was mapped at
> 0x00000000, rpcgen which is now compatible with gcc-4.0, the sys_errlist
> symbol which was not available, plus some minor fixes.

Note that we aren't really supposed to provide sys_errlist.  Newer ports of
Glibc (as registered in upstream's shlibs file) stop providing deprecated
symbols like this one.  GNU/kFreeBSD is already registered (don't panic ;),
but it came later, and upstream will never accept a patch that gives us old
symbols.

OTOH, I think new ports like amd64 already get rid of this.  So it's not a big
concern not having it.

> If you could, please test these packages. Note that you need a kernel
> 5.4 (which supports ET_DYN and ET_EXEC linker).

I would add a Conflicts or something, to prevent people from screwing their
system if they are still running 5.3.

How about:

Conflicts: kfreebsd-image-5.3-1 (<< 5.3-5), kfreebsd5

(I've verified the versions)

--
Robert Millan