Miscellaneous notes

Aurelien Jarno aurelien at aurel32.net
Sat Nov 19 14:07:16 UTC 2005

Brian M. Carlson a écrit :
> gcc-4.1 is building now, and I expect it will work (I will report back).  The
> problem is for some reason it is build-depending on libc0.1 (>= 2.3.5-5),
> which obviously doesn't exist, so I had to force it.  However, I don't expect
> this to cause the build to fail, and if it succeeds, I will file a bug asking
> to relax the build-deps at least for us.

Well the problem also affects gcc-3.4 and gcc-4.0. The solution is to
build them with dpkg-buildpackage -d to ignore this over-strict
dependencies. I already talked about that with Matthias at Debconf 5, he
told me he is ok to relax the build-deps, but the best solution would be
to have an up to date glibc. Maybe we could use -d until we have it?

  `. `'   aurel32 at debian.org         | aurelien at aurel32.net