Miscellaneous notes

Brian M. Carlson sandals at crustytoothpaste.ath.cx
Sat Nov 19 17:26:27 UTC 2005

On Saturday 19 November 2005 11:57, Robert Millan wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 19, 2005 at 10:33:07AM +0000, Brian M. Carlson wrote:
>
> Do the 5.x kldutils work?  I think it's better to ship a single version of
> kldutils if that's possible.

They should.  I haven't tested them, and I know the 6.0 ones work with 5.4,
but I did check the FreeBSD CVS repository, and it seems like most of the
changes are things like updating the usage function.  I think I saw maybe one
function change, which just added an option.

> Yes.  But note that kFreeBSD 5.x has dynamic major/minor numbers, too.

I have no idea why it doesn't work, then.  I only know it doesn't.

> > gcc-4.1 is building now, and I expect it will work (I will report back).
> > The problem is for some reason it is build-depending on libc0.1 (>=
> > 2.3.5-5), which obviously doesn't exist, so I had to force it.  However,
> > I don't expect this to cause the build to fail, and if it succeeds, I
> > will file a bug asking to relax the build-deps at least for us.

gcc-4.1 is installed now.  It looks like everything was successful.
So far, we've had (on the C tests alone), 408/405/813 [0] unexpected
failures, versus 4.0 which had 598/756/1354.  So this is a major improvement:
we have only 60% of the bugs we had before in 4.0.  I will investigate some of
the failures, since most of them are regressions from 3.4.

I have attached the test-summary.gz, so if anyone wants to do anything with
it, feel free.

> Have a nice holiday!

Thank you.

[0] That's a/b/c, where a is running dejagnu with platform unix, b is running
with unix/-march=i686, and c is total (a+b).

--
Brian M. Carlson <sandals at crustytoothpaste.ath.cx>
Running on GNU/kFreeBSD