pppoe configuration

theblues gnr thebluesgnr at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 29 03:11:37 UTC 2005

Hi everyone. I just installed the 20051026 snapshot, and got the basic
system running. Now I'm trying to set up PPPoE, following the FreeBSD
Handbook:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/pppoe.html

I created the configuration file (/etc/ppp/ppp.conf) from the handbook and
ran ppp -ddial provider. The connection appears to be up, but pinging an
internet server returns "No route to host".

I tried installing FreeBSD 6.0rc1, and used the same ppp.conf. It works as
expected there. I guess I need some extra steps to set up Debian
GNU/kFreeBSD. Any pointers?

Thanks,