kfreebsd-amd64 ?

Petr Salinger Petr.Salinger at t-systems.cz
Mon Oct 31 10:41:04 UTC 2005

> > Does glibc 2.3 support amd64?  Otherwise we'll have to work on updating glibc first.
It should, port to x86-64/Linux was included already in 2.2.5.
But glibc 2.3.0 won't compile with gcc 4.0.
Updating glibc for kfreebsd-i386 should take precedence anyway.

> IIRC LinuxThreads are not supported on amd64, so if we're going into
> that now we'll probably have to investigate into NPTL.

IIRC LinuxThreads are supported on amd64.
In fact LinuxThreads is the only pthread add-on available for stock Linux 2.4.
Debian/amd64 choosed to support only Linux 2.6+, and choosed
to support only NPTL pthread implementation, not both.

Petr