kfreebsd-amd64 ?

Aurelien Jarno aurelien at aurel32.net
Mon Oct 31 13:03:48 UTC 2005

Robert Millan a écrit :
> On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 09:36:36AM +0100, Robert Millan wrote:
>
>>Does glibc 2.3 support amd64?  Otherwise we'll have to work on updating glibc
>>first.
>

> Btw, what's the status of glibc 2.3.5 now?  IIRC, the problem was with threads.
> Is it possible to build a thread-less libc only for testing purposes, currently?
I haven't find the time too look at it this week-end, maybe tomorrow.
Currently it does not build, even in thread-less mode. Code has to be
written either to support threads or to not support threads, so I choose
the later.

> Aurelien, do you think we could "convert" your glibc-2.3.5.diff patch into a
> separate sysdeps tree, like the one in trunk/glibc-2.3 ?  This way, even if the
> threading is not usable, we could start to work on that.  There are many work
> areas on glibc that are now "frozen": some simple bugfixes, the ET_DYN issue,
> amd64 support...  Also, that could help to gather more motivation into glibc
> work which is mostly stalled now.

Well my idea when creating glibc-2.3.5.diff is to be able to provide a
patch for the Debian package. We could go back to two packages, but we
have to come back to the .diff files sooner or later.

Then about the small bugfixes and the ET_DYN issues, AFAIK they are all
fixed by glibc-2.3.5.diff, but not tested yet.

Bye,
Aurelien

  `. `'   aurel32 at debian.org         | aurelien at aurel32.net