ALSA and OSS

Dale Anderson dale at st8vrt.com
Wed Sep 7 23:09:39 UTC 2005

Can you give us a bit more background re the issue , I dont quite grok
how this is an issue ...  , is the freebsd kernel using a OSS compat
audio implementation ? , I thought it used its own , and apps using a
sound api were ported as far as native fbsdlibc apps went via ports .

And at the end of the day the freebsd team are lilkely to be
maintaining patches for such are they not ?

Regards
Dale.