[Gnome22-user] xfree86 packages

James Strandboge jamie@tpptraining.com
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 14:13:06 -0500

There was recently a big update to the xfree86 packages.  Previously,
the packages were based on Adrian Bunk's xfree86 packages.  However,
because of various security issues with xfree86, I decided to use the
patches from sarge's xfree86 patches.  Sarge packages included various
fixes, and all but one necessary security update (which I added).  I did
not incorporate the new debconf management of xfree86 from sarge
however.

As such, these packages are quite different from sarge, but operate much
like the previous xfree86 packages provided with the backport.  See the
changelog for details.

Jamie

--
Targeted Performance Partners, LLC