[Gnome22-user] Re: Mozilla security for 1.4 branch

Daniel Veditz dveditz@cruzio.com
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 13:37:25 -0700

The official policy is to support old stable branches for about a year,
until we move to the next stable branch. I know of no plans to ship an
official updated 1.4.x release.

This policy is at odds with the needs of large organizations who cannot
immediately upgrade to a new release, but I don't know that the Mozilla
Foundation has the resources to do anything differently. CC'ing Brendan Eich
in case he wants to comment.

Chris Aillon of RedHat has been singlehandedly supporting the 1.4 branch. It
looks like all the of 1.7.3 security fixes have been back-ported and checked
in, plus a few other fixes, but we don't have a specific version tag.

-Dan Veditz