[Gnome22-user] Re: Mozilla security for 1.4 branch

James Strandboge jamie@tpptraining.com
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 18:53:10 -0400

On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 16:37, Daniel Veditz wrote:
> The official policy is to support old stable branches for about a year,
> until we move to the next stable branch. I know of no plans to ship an
> official updated 1.4.x release.
>
> This policy is at odds with the needs of large organizations who cannot
> immediately upgrade to a new release, but I don't know that the Mozilla
> Foundation has the resources to do anything differently. CC'ing Brendan Eich
> in case he wants to comment.
>
> Chris Aillon of RedHat has been singlehandedly supporting the 1.4 branch. It
> looks like all the of 1.7.3 security fixes have been back-ported and checked
> in, plus a few other fixes, but we don't have a specific version tag.

Thank you for your reply and clarification of the issues.  Are these
changes to 1.4 in CVS somewhere?  I am having a hard time finding the
backported patches (perhaps I should just grab them from redhat's
src.rpm?).

Jamie

--
Targeted Performance Partners, LLC