[Gnuk-users] gpg: signing failed: Zero prefix in S-expression

Jonathan Schleifer js-gnuk-users at webkeks.org
Tue Mar 24 22:39:48 UTC 2015

On Sat, 07 Mar 2015 18:17:22 +0900, NIIBE Yutaka <gniibe at fsij.org> wrote:

> I think that I found a bug (which was introduced by me) in GnuPG 2.1
> for EdDSA.  I just wrote to gnupg-devel.
>
> If you are using 64-bit machine, that's may be the cause.
>
> I use 32-bit machine.
>
> Well, I have just designed 64-bit abacus and a prototype will be soon
> available.

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to do the trick. It still happens.

So, before, it did work again if I did gpg2 --card-edit and then passwd (and cancel), but either this was just a coincidence, or this trick stopped working now. It seems to happen especially often when signing Git commits. I have no idea why. I can rarely sign two Git commits in a row and even for the first one to work, a lot of killing gpg-agent and re-plugging the Gnuk is involved.

--
Jonathan