[Gnuk-users] Gnuk 1.1.4/Win7 64bit

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Tue Mar 31 05:33:38 UTC 2015

On 03/24/2015 04:30 AM, Gary wrote:
> I've got my Gnuk working with Debian without any trouble, however
> when trying to get it working with my Windows 7 install I've hit
> a snag.
>
> GPG4Win is installed (tried both the old version I was using as
> well as the most recent version that includes gpg2 2.0.27) but
> upon running "gpg2 --card-status" I get:
>
>   gpg: selecting openpgp failed: Card not present
>   gpg: OpenPGP card not available: Card not present
>
> Device manager showed the Gnuk as "Gnuk Token" for a short time
> whilst windows installed a device driver. It now shows up as
> "Microsoft Usbccid Smartcard Reader (WUDF)"
>
> Is the generic ccid driver sufficient for using the gnuk with
> gnupg? Have any of you tried 1.1.4 on Windows 7 64bit? If so,
> did you do anything beyond the above?

I've heard no problem with Gnuk on Windows.  I only use Windows when I
file a tax report to the agency around February/March.  It's Windows
Vista 64-bit version with GPG4Win.  It works fine with Gnuk, with no
special driver.

Yuji has been busy promoting Gnuk Token in Japan.  I think that his
major OS is Windows something, and I got no complaint around his
friends.

Note that there is gnupg for Cygwin which is not compatible to use
smartcard/token or SSH feature of gpg-agent.