[Gnuk-users] FST-01 is going to be non-reproducible any more

NdK ndk.clanbo at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 09:59:59 UTC 2016

Il 10/01/2016 04:27, Yuji -UG- Imai ha scritto:

> Bluetooth is difficult for users to control restrictions on how situation
> signing shoud be permitted. For example, how far token and terminal
> located. It's depend on radio environment surrounding nomadic place
> of their terminals. I used similar devices to automatically lock my
> Windows terminals remotely, however I have never adjusted power value of
> signal strength to turn locked I satisfied. Physical USB connection is
> better to control and confirm behavior is just I want.
Moreover, using wireless would call for use of a battery, with a charger
and other circuitry adding up to the cost (good quality batteries are
quite hard to find... f.e. see PiJuice problems...) and to the size.

What I'd like most in the new FST (FST-02?) would be:
- Javacard-like environment, to be able to develop applets (openPGP
could be just one applet), even if single-applet-only
- small (1.8") oled display and a couple of keys (ok/cancel), useable
from applets
- microsd support for storage

Display and keys could just be pads on the cs, so they'd add nearly
nothing to the cost (just slightly bigger PCB). uSD connector should be
cheap enough, probably comparable to the (unused :( ) storage chip on
FST-01...

> In contrast, I and my friends dislike USB token style of current FST-01.
> We used FST-01 for ssh agent. As we must sign so frequently, we want keep
> it inserted to our laptop PCs. We handled our PCs so roughly, we broke
> snapping its joint points between board and connector. We want to prevent
> from snapping to destroy our secrets keys. But we have no clear idea
> to do.
What about a simple USB male-to-female extension cable? I often use 'em
for "valuable" devices, so I can reduce insertion cycles.

BYtE,
 Diego