[Gnuk-users] FST-01 is going to be non-reproducible any more

Yuji -UG- Imai ug at xcast.jp
Mon Jan 11 01:47:12 UTC 2016

Hi,

NdK<ndk.clanbo at gmail.com>

> > I'm afraid it make open source hardware difficult to support SD mechanism
> > in concern with intelectual property issue.
> Other OSHW projects use it. IIUC, you don't need to sign anything for
> the "non secure" protocol (iow as long as you use it as plain storage).
> It's plain SPI protocol...

It's good for me to know that. I'll learn more how OSHW do it. Thanx.

> > That is a exactly same way how "I" connect my FST-01 to my laptop. It
> works
> > excellent!
> > However I didn't recommed my friends. Gniibe noticed, current FST-01 was
> > not design supporting with such extensions. There may be risk of side
> channel
> > attack. I have read such notes somewhere in the document of FST-01, but
> now I
> > can't remember where.
> Well, if you are a target worth using TEMPEST attacks, then it's better
> to use more "rugged" HW!

Yes, I found where gniibe mentioned about TEMPEST.
It's in the japanese handbook of of FST-01.
 http://no-passwd.net/fst-01-gnuk-handbook/gnuk-token-warnings.html#id1

Maybe it could be useful to

add a simple LC filter on the extension cable end to filter power lines,
> if that's your concern.

I understand making cables with LC filter is enough, right?
I misunderstood I have to modify FST-01 board to add LCs.

> What about a "magjack-like" connector? if it gets stressed too much, it
> just disconnects.

Looking great. Thanx a lot.

Yuji