[Gnuk-users] FST-01 is going to be non-reproducible any more

NdK ndk.clanbo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 05:42:24 UTC 2016

Il 11/01/2016 02:47, Yuji -UG- Imai ha scritto:

> Yes, I found where gniibe mentioned about TEMPEST.
> It's in the japanese handbook of of FST-01.
>  http://no-passwd.net/fst-01-gnuk-handbook/gnuk-token-warnings.html#id1
Sorry, I don't understand Japanese :(

> I understand making cables with LC filter is enough, right?
Could be. Tests are needed.
> I misunderstood I have to modify FST-01 board to add LCs.
The shorter the path, the better. So if LC filter is inside FST-01 it's
better. But you have to put a cap on your attacker's resources. So, in
the end, it all depends on your profile: is it "worth" putting so many
resources to read your mails? And is the rest of your equipement TEMPEST
safe, too? I remember a project that used a CRT monitor as FM
transmitter that could be received by any FM radio, and another that
could (more or less) "receive" your screen from some meters away.

>> What about a "magjack-like" connector? if it gets stressed too much, it
>> just disconnects.
> Looking great. Thanx a lot.
I fear that magjack is (C) Apple, but there are probably other
alternatives around. One could be ZNAPS:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1041610927/znaps-the-9-magnetic-adapter-for-your-mobile-devic
Others:
http://www.magnetic-usb.com/
http://it.aliexpress.com/store/product/WSKEN-Super-Android-Micro-USB-Magnetic-Connector-Charging-Cable-For-Samsung-S6-Edge-LG-G4-Xiaomi/1239747_32369279330.html?storeId=1239747

Or just have a look at google results for "usb magnetic connector".

BYtE,
 Diego