[Gnuk-users] Flying Stone Bare Bone 48

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Mon Jan 25 04:18:32 UTC 2016

Hello,

I wrote an article here:
    http://www.gniibe.org/memo/development/fs-bb48/fs-bb48-idea.html

The repository for PCB design by KiCAD is here:
    http://git.gniibe.org/gitweb/?p=gnuk/fs-bb48.git;a=summary

No, this is still a concept, because I haven't had any experience
with Cortex-M0+ (while I have FSM-55 with Cortex-M0, I designed
the board just for displaying LED matrix).

I'm going to buy a development board by Freescale this week.

I like the feature of "backdoor" of Kinetis MCU (the option to read
out the content of flash memory).  I don't know the reason why they
call it "backdoor", but I could imagine the situation where an
engineer were forced to implement a backdoor for a specific
non-customer, like... a request by some government. ;-)

If I were an engineer of MCU, I would implement the feature on
pressure.  But it will be not only for such a specific request.  I
would make the feature publicly available by _any_ users of the
chip...

Well, it is still possible to have a hidden backdoor, though.

I hope a person in a government is kind enough not to request a
backdoor as hidden or specifically only for a government, but to
authorize this kind of implementation as conformed one to their
specification.