[Gnuk-users] Flying Stone Bare Bone 48

NdK ndk.clanbo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 16:47:18 UTC 2016

Il 25/01/2016 05:18, NIIBE Yutaka ha scritto:

> I like the feature of "backdoor" of Kinetis MCU (the option to read
> out the content of flash memory).  I don't know the reason why they
> call it "backdoor", but I could imagine the situation where an
> engineer were forced to implement a backdoor for a specific
> non-customer, like... a request by some government. ;-)
Urgh... That would allow an attacker to read device keys w/o being
detected...

> If I were an engineer of MCU, I would implement the feature on
> pressure.  But it will be not only for such a specific request.  I
> would make the feature publicly available by _any_ users of the
> chip...
Well, As an engineer in a big company you wouldn't have full control of
the docs given to the clients :(

PS: instead of a plain white led, why not a WS2812B one? RGB from a
single pin (optionally more LEDS can be cascaded).

BYtE,
 Diego