[Gnuk-users] [GNUK] Allow only .bin files for regnual upgrade

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Wed Feb 1 06:46:17 UTC 2017

Szczepan Zalega | Nitrokey <szczepan at nitrokey.com> wrote:
> I would like to add patches that protects from upgrading the device with
> file name other than suffixed with .bin through regnual. User might miss
> information that .hex files for instance could not be used.

For tool/upgrade_by_passwd.py, applied and pushed.

The tool tool/gnuk_upgrade.py is somewhat historical and not for end
users.

The background of tool/gnuk_upgrade.py is: I thought the situation where
a company puts a public key for flash update at the factory to enable
flash update after service by a company, but it seems such scenario is
unlikely.