[Gnuk-users] Blue Pill factory-reset hangs

Erik Adler erik.adler at mensa.se
Sun Apr 2 10:38:06 UTC 2017

I flashed five Blue Pills with using my ST-Link with openocd on Debian
testing. Gnuk and the chopstx submodule git code was pulled today.

$ nosetests -v --with-freshen

Shows all tests are OK!

I compiled with
./configure --vidpid=234b:0000 --target=BLUE_PILL --enable-factory-reset

Header file is: board-blue-pill.h
Debug option disabled
Configured for bare system (no-DFU)
PIN pad option disabled
CERT.3 Data Object is NOT supported
Card insert/removal by HID device is NOT supported
Life cycle management is supported

When I do a factory-reset in gpg  --card-edit I am asked if I am sure I
want to reset the device. I type “yes” and then the shell seems to hang.
Nothing is deleted from the Blue Pill and it is not reset. Everything
else seems to work fine.

Of course I can use my JTAG to wipe the device but I made these to give
give away to friends. They will need to be able to reset their devices
from gpg. Is this a known issue?

All the best
Erik Adler

--
GPG/PGP key ID: 0x2B4B58FE
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 0x2B4B58FE