[Gnuk-users] Blue Pill factory-reset hangs

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 16:36:47 UTC 2017

On Sun, Apr 02, 2017 at 12:38:06PM +0200, Erik Adler wrote:
> When I do a factory-reset in gpg  --card-edit I am asked if I am sure I
> want to reset the device. I type “yes” and then the shell seems to hang.
> Nothing is deleted from the Blue Pill and it is not reset. Everything
> else seems to work fine.

Weird, I've just tried it and couldn't reproduce. Using GnuPG version
2.1.17 (scdaemon version matches of course), libgcrypt 1.7.3.

Can you please retry with that version and if you're still able to
reproduce, could you provide more detailed instructions? I just
generated keys on the device itself, then rebooted it few times, then
did factory-reset and nothing hanged, the keys were gone.

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com