[Gnuk-users] GNUK Remove PPS exchange from tests initialization

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Tue Oct 24 05:46:12 UTC 2017

Szczepan Zalega | Nitrokey <szczepan at nitrokey.com> wrote:
> I tried to run GNUK tests on Nitrokey Storage, but the device
> has locked up just after test run. The issue lies in sending PPS block
> to smartcard on tests initialization (see diff) which causes it to halt
> (which in turn is standard's expected behavior for failed speed
> negotiation) and awaits being reset by host. Moreover according to
> documentation [1] PPS sequence might be incorrect - the bits showing
> presence of optional 2nd byte in PPS0 is not set, but PPS2 is sent anyway.
>
> Removing these out allowed to run GNUK tests on GNUK (1.2.4)/Pro/Storage
> devices and pass them.

Thank you for your report.

For the development, I can't just apply your patch, because it breaks
my environment.

The PPS setting is basically for my own card reader of Gemalto PC.
Another software like libccid does same thing for Gemalto PC.

I will add some code to identify a reader and only sends PPS for Gemalto
PC.