[Gnuk-users] Factory-reset on Gnuk with blocked PIN

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Tue Oct 31 00:15:27 UTC 2017

Alexander Paetzelt | Nitrokey <alex at nitrokey.com> wrote:
> This is GnuPG 2.2 and Gnuk 1.2.3/1.2.4 (Nitrokey Start)

Please ask Nitrokey about how the firmware was compiled.  As you looks
related to the company, I assume it's easier.

The option --enable-factory-reset is needed at configure time.

Also, please notify a responsible person in Nitrokey: Never use 1.2.2,
1.2.3, and 1.2.4 for factory-reset, its implementation is buggy.  I
wonder why use those versions.

Yesterday, I just pushed my change to GnuPG:

    https://dev.gnupg.org/rGd63b7966cdd72548c60466c620de5cd6104a779e

And it will be into the release of GnuPG 2.2.2.

It affects Gnuk 1.2.2, 1.2.3, and 1.2.4.  Since I never distributed my
products with those versions, I decided to adopt the change after three
months.

It would be better, if I were informed, but it's done already.