[Gnuk-users] Gnuk 1.2.7 / Chopstx 1.6

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Wed Nov 29 06:00:43 UTC 2017

Hello,

I pushed releases of those software.  Now, USB suspend is supported to
minimize power consumption.  And experimental KDF-DO is added.

But, just after the release, I found that a bug of Gnuk for admin-less
mode.  So, I plan to have another release soon.

The feature of building an image without VID:PID and filling it by users
is not yet done.  I hope this will be done soon, too.

BTW, I submitted a talk proposal for the second day of FOSDEM (Hardware
enablement devroom).

============================
Gnuk version 1.2.7 is released.

    tag release/1.2.7
    Tagger: NIIBE Yutaka <gniibe at fsij.org>
    Date:   Sun Nov 26 19:39:01 2017 +0900

    commit ad420102728551fe60bc340af57d9510845e5e3b

Gnuk is an implementation of USB cryptographic token for GNU Privacy
Guard.  Gnuk supports OpenPGP card protocol version 3, and it runs on
STM32F103 processor.

In this release, experimental KDF-DO support is added.  To use the
feature, you need to build/install experimental branch of GnuPG by
yourself:

    https://dev.gnupg.org/source/gnupg/history/gniibe%252Fscd-kdf-support/

And manually prepare the KDF-DO on your token.

Chopstx version 1.6 is released.

    tag release/1.6
    Tagger: NIIBE Yutaka <gniibe at fsij.org>
    Date:   Fri Nov 24 19:28:28 2017 +0900

    commit 9e527b05329f37331a9106c394c5fff237259dd0

Chopstx is a simple RT thread library.  Major change is USB
suspend/wakeup, and cancellation bug fix.