[Gnuk-users] Gnuk 1.2.7 / Chopstx 1.6

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Thu Nov 30 09:55:47 UTC 2017

NIIBE Yutaka <gniibe at fsij.org> wrote:
> But, just after the release, I found that a bug of Gnuk for admin-less
> mode.  So, I plan to have another release soon.

All releases of Gnuk 1.2.x is affected.

I assumed the following scenario, with two different sessions.

A: KEYTOCARD session on secure machine

  (1) Make a temporal directory
  (2) Import my backup key a temporal directory
  (3) gpg --edit-key and "keytocard" by admin
  (4) finish the session: kill gpg-agent and scdaemon,
      and remove the directory

B: Changing passphrase on usual machine

  (1) Run gpg --card-edit and "passwd" by user

This way, it goes well.

However, I found that if a user keeps the session A and B with same
scdaemon running (same GNUPGHOME) on same computer, it may go wrong.  I
haven't yet investigated fully and I don't know all impact of how it can
go wrong.

The partial fix on Gnuk side in the commit:

	c81544fffd2f89cb3cf1b791fe7adf21c75200ad

We need to fix GnuPG side as well, for this problem, to synchronize
authentication status.

More fixes are expected to Gnuk side, too.