[Gnuk-users] RSA-4096 and ECC

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Thu Dec 4 08:53:20 UTC 2014

On 12/04/2014 01:38 PM, NIIBE Yutaka wrote:
> I'm going to test/check other kinds of keys.  I don't know if
> NIST P256 could be useful, but Ed25519 will be surely useful.

I tried NIST P256, and found the code in scdaemon is not synchronize
well.  Current code is based on experimental ECC implementation of
GnuPG/libgcrypt, and we need to update it.  Now, we have curve name
in the private key representation, but old code of scdaemon assumes
it's represented by OID.

I'll submit a patch to gnupg-devel for required changes of scdaemon.