[gopher] Gophernicus Server 0.5 released

Kim Holviala kim at holviala.com
Mon Apr 5 16:46:31 UTC 2010

Just released Gophernicus Server version 0.5.

gopher://gophernicus.org/1/software/gophernicus/server/

New features:
* gopher++ request header support
* gopher++ TITLE resource support
* charset conversions between US-ASCII, ISO-8859-1 and UTF-8

I think the biggest feature here is the full support for charset
conversions. By default gopher0 clients get everything in look-alike
US-ASCII (ä -> a etc), but gopher++ clients can ask for ISO-8859-1 or
UTF-8 instead. Source material can be in any of the three supported
charsets, and best of all the conversion routine is input
autoconfiguring. Which means that you can have all three charsets even
inside one file and it STILL does the right thing...

Currently there's just one client that works with the gopher++ support,
Cameron's Mosaic with my patches on top... Once I get the server
finished I'll start working on clients.

- Kim