[gopher] A Gopher noob and endless questions. ;-)

Kim Holviala kim at holviala.com
Wed Apr 7 18:14:21 UTC 2010

On 2010-04-07 17:59, Cameron Kaiser wrote:

>> One thing I noticed is that there doesn't seem to be an easy way to
>> make a front-end authentication page if you wanted part of your Gopher
>> server to be secure.  (At least I didn't see a way.)
>
> Unfortunately no, unless you wrote some custom server that required
> signed credentials on each access. This would of course probably demand
> a custom client.

I was planning on doing authenticated directories with type 7 password
entry dialog but kinda got carried away with other stuff.

Anyone really interested in authentcation with gopher0? Shouldn't take
more than 30 lines of code to get authentication up and running as most
of the code is already there in Gophernicus (sessions are what auth
requires and that's already up and running).

- Kim