[gopher] A Gopher noob and endless questions. ;-)

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Mon Apr 5 14:03:21 UTC 2010

Hey all!  I've been fooling around with pygopherd after being
introduced to Gopherspace a while back by a friend of mine.  ( My
current server - gopher://www.terminalcore.net - NetBSD 3.0 Sparc64,
Netra T105)

It's interesting stuff and in a lot of ways eminently better than FTP
or certain other serving methods.  I like it also because it doesn't
take up a lot of horsepower.

One thing I noticed is that there doesn't seem to be an easy way to
make a front-end authentication page if you wanted part of your Gopher
server to be secure.  (At least I didn't see a way.)

Can this be done with +ASK?  Does anybody have an example of using
+ASK that doesn't make my head hurt?

I'm very much a Gopher noob but I've run other things in the past so
I'm not too afraid of getting my hands dirty.  A little help?
--
Mike

"All we wanna do is eat your brains! We're not unreasonable, I mean no
one's gonna eat your eyes." - Re: Brains, Jonathan Coultan