[gopher] Fwd: Re: gopher://hal3000.cx dead?

simple at freeshell.org simple at freeshell.org
Sat Apr 24 04:40:18 UTC 2010

John Goerzen <jgoerzen at complete.org> wrote:

> It's possible I have it when I spidered and archived gopherspace a few
> years ago.  What year did the service go up, do you think?

I think hal3000.cx was already up when I started messing around with gopher
back in April of 2003 so you likely have most of it on your DVD archive.  At
some point the stuff from jumpjet moved to hal3000; depending on when that
happened, you may need to pull stuff from the former as well to fully/mostly
recreate what was on the latter.

Cheers,
Jeff