[gopher] spreading gopher

Matthew Holevinski eylusion at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 14:35:28 UTC 2010

Maybe start a sourceforge project, and all collaborate on a new
client, that's highly modularized. Maybe one, that supports all the
features everyone wants to implement, including all the backward
compatibility renderings of the protocol and new ones that not
everyone else uses or supports server or client side. It might be a
thought to basically with the click of a mouse change the way the
client will display a gophersite, say if you goto a gopher site of
xyz, and it appears to display wrong press a button and render it in
gopher+, or click another button and render it in gopher++, and so on.
That way everyone can be appeased, and with that highly modularized
design, anyone can submit updates to the coding modules or submit new
ones. I for one would not be apposed to many options in the UI to
change the supported ascii formats, protocol differences(relative
term), etc.

If I'm way off base here, i appologize, but a new client from the
ground up that highlights everyone in this groups talents would be
nice, that way i'm not switching between different clients depending
on who has built in support for what... You know almost like
plugins... That way everyone can contribute to the back end of the
client.

Matthew Holevinski

Plus, All of you guys are wizards, so I know it should be a fairly
simple matter for all you guys.