[gopher] spreading gopher

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Wed Apr 28 15:00:10 UTC 2010

On Apr 28, 2010, at 9:47 AM 4/28/10, Cameron Kaiser wrote:

> The problem with new clients, though, is that it requires someone go
> out and
> get that client to use once it's written. I'd like to see gopher
> already at
> somebody's fingertips in the tools they already use.
>
> To wit, I'm committing to (another, sigh) rewrite of Gopher in
> Mozilla --
> see bug 388195 and bug 562320.

Yeah but at least they allowed you to keep it in the core using
javascript.  It looks like that was hard fought and won by you and you
alone.  Kudos!

> I really want to see gopher back in cURL, and if no one else is
> stepping up
> I'll put some time into that (should be very simple to implement).
> But it
> does make the community seem bigger than having the same names crop
> up all
> the time.

Not for the ten-thousandth time I wish I could program my way out of a
paper bag.  I barely know the basics of C and am _still_ trying to get
past that.

It's like being that guy that is constantly "learning to play guitar"
but never seems to get anywhere. :-(

--
Mike

"Right then!  This is isn't going to be big on dignity!"  -  The Doctor