[gopher] OverbiteFF 2.0

Cameron Kaiser spectre at floodgap.com
Wed Jul 7 05:13:58 UTC 2010

Firefox 4.0 beta 1 came out today earlier than I had anticipated, so I am
speedily running through updates to OverbiteFF. A couple niggling bugs have
been fixed, which was assisted by dropping Mozilla 1.8 support as some of
those kludges were the cause. I have also created a new, more attractive base
skin.

The biggest change will be inline content. You can still navigate through a
menu the way you always did, but certain item types will be preview-enabled.
The best way is a screenshot:

	gopher://gopher.floodgap.com/p/obff2.png

Notice that 0 and h have a +/- collapser next to them. When opened, a
scrollframe appears with the text in it so you can read the file without
even leaving the menu. I also have this enabled for images, so that images
can be viewed right there (and if the image is too wide for the window, it
is automatically scaled to fit). If you click on the filename, you get
the file, just like usual.

Comments? I hope to have this ready for 4.0 as quickly as possible since
this is now the only way to get gopher in Firefox going forward.

-- FORTUNE: The moon is in Venus' house. This will make no difference. --------