[gopher] OverbiteFF 2.0

Cameron Kaiser spectre at floodgap.com
Thu Jul 8 20:10:31 UTC 2010

> This is reply doesn't really have anything to do with the current upgrades,
> but do you think it is possible to implement a function in OverBite that
> turns "gopher://" into statically linked adresses in Firefox? When I see the
> link to the screenshot in Gmail in Firefox, the "gopher.floodgap.com" adress
> is linked, but it is to a WWW server, not a gopher, and the "gopher://" part
> becomes just unlinked text. It would be nice to be able to just click the
> link and automatically go to "gopher://<link>" just like "http://" or
> "ftp://"

I'm not sure if I can override that -- it might be something due to the
way history is computed in Firefox and I don't know if I can XPCOM that
away (for that matter, Camino does it too). I'll look into it.

Rob Sayers has banged on it a little and I've made a couple small tweaks,
so hopefully tonight I can have a test version up for everyone to play with.
I think you'll like the updates.

-- No good deed goes unpunished. -- Clare Boothe Luce -------------------------