[gopher] Someone out there with python skills want to help?

daniel g barana24 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 6 04:57:58 UTC 2010

Gday, Is there someone out there who has python skills, who would like to patch a python script for me in pygopherd?

I'll explain.

I am building a Gopher site currently and I would like to add a hit counter. A mate gave me his script for a gopher counter which belongs on the main page.
         Alas, It (and other main-page-scripts) require -as bucktooth does- that the main gophermap be executable.
Pygopherd doesn't seem to implement bucktooth-style scripts fully ie wont allow my scripts to be bash script-gophermap hybrids.
   Is there anyone out there who would patch the executable gophermap python script for me?
Id be really grateful!
I can supply all scripts, eg's and docs(pretty thin for pygopherd- it relies on most dox as REM's in the source)
- Barana