[gopher] Someone out there with python skills want to help?

Cameron Kaiser spectre at floodgap.com
Wed Oct 6 05:19:51 UTC 2010

> I am building a Gopher site currently and I would like to add a hit counter.
> A mate gave me his script for a gopher counter which belongs on the main page.
> Alas, It (and other main-page-scripts) require -as bucktooth does- that the
> main gophermap be executable.
> Pygopherd doesn't seem to implement bucktooth-style scripts fully ie wont
> allow my scripts to be bash script-gophermap hybrids.

Strictly speaking, Bucktooth doesn't allow this either, so this isn't a
bug in pygopherd.

I will defer the actual task to someone better in Python than I am (I'm sure
Guido would say all my years of Perl [ going back to 1995 ] have rotted my
brain).

-- The fastest way to fold a map is differently. ------------------------------