[gopher] Overbite Chrome to be decommissioned

Cameron Kaiser spectre at floodgap.com
Tue Dec 18 23:31:00 UTC 2012

> > Because of changes in Chrome's extension environment (why can't they have
> > proper extensions like Firefox?) that greatly impair development and the
> > fact I hardly ever use Chrome personally, Overbite Chrome will be removed
> > for Chrome 24.
>
> This is truly sad news :(
>
> Perhaps you'll reconsider at some point. Chrome may not be all that, but
> it is almost that as far as market share is concerned.

The biggest point is that I just don't use Chrome; I use Firefox exclusively
(as TenFourFox on my daily driver G5, and "real" Firefox on the Windows
machine at the office). If I used Chrome more, I'd probably be more inclined
to deal with the technical snags, but it's just a headache right now.

Again, if someone is a heavy Chrome user and is willing to take it over,
it's all yours.

-- The older a man gets, the farther he had to walk to school as a boy. -------