[gopher] Updated Gopher RFC

Driedfruit driedfruit at mindloop.net
Wed May 9 16:57:16 UTC 2012

I don't think this should be included into updated RFC, just yet, but I
do believe this is an important issue, unless there is a strong
community desire to keep gopher "read-only".

And,

On Thu, 10 May 2012 17:34:21 +0300
Kim Holviala <kim at holviala.com> wrote:

> You could also just POST a normal HTML form to an gopher URL... With
> a little bit of server fiddling (which is always easier than updating
> all clients) a gopher CGI can read the HTTP POST just fine.

Looked good in theory.

Lynx: Alert!: POST not supported for this URL - ignoring POST data!

OverbiteFF: Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the
protocol() isn't associated with any program.

floodgap proxy: Due to user abuse of this function, HTML documents may
not be viewed directly.

I didn't even had a chance to do server fiddling, POST data never
reaches gophernicus (or any other server) in the first place.

--
driedfruit