[gopher] Updated Gopher RFC

Bradley D. Thornton Bradley at NorthTech.US
Sun May 20 11:14:42 UTC 2012

On 05/19/2012 05:53 PM, Brian Koontz wrote:
> On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 07:43:24AM -0400, Nick Matavka wrote:

>> comments on Docs (trying to keep it RFC-like).  If you want to talk
>> --- actually talk --- about it, I have an IRC channel that we can talk
>> on.
>
> Why not use the #gopherproject IRC channel on freenet?  There's
> nothing worse than fracturing a group by providing multiple
> communications channels that compete with one another.

Yah he's in chan now, but perhaps if our list admin could change this:

<snip>
Gopher-Project mailing list
Gopher-Project at lists.alioth.debian.org

</snip>

To something like this:

Gopher-Project at lists.alioth.debian.org

Come idle with us in our official project channel at #gopherproject on
irc.freenode.net (irc://chat.freenode.net/gopherproject)

</snip>

Or something akin to that Maybe? Mailman is much more higly customizable
than most list admins are even aware of.

Just thought I'd mention that :)

Kindest regards,

- --
Bradley D. Thornton