[gopher] Gopher+ support in the community

Kevin Veroneau kevin at veroneau.net
Wed Apr 22 22:53:09 UTC 2015

Of course TLS would be optional.  It would just add some privacy and better protect password protected sections on a gopher hole to work more securely.

Passwords can be entered via "query requests", but I'm sure everyone knew that.

For a gopher client, I was going to make a console-based one, along with a Qt4 WebKit-based one.  Qt4 is nicely cross platform, so nobody will be left out.

I do like the UMN client, but I find it rather limited, and lynx works really well, but it's scrolling system is horrible on gopher menus and text...  My console client will address both the limitations and provide a more user friendlier experience overall.  Perhaps I'll work on my initial release this evening.