[gopher] Gopher's been quiet for awhile

Christoph Lohmann 20h at r-36.net
Fri Jun 5 04:12:05 UTC 2015

Greetings.

On Fri, 05 Jun 2015 06:12:05 +0200 Kevin Veroneau <kevin at veroneau.net> wrote:
> Is everybody on this list still alive?  Or hasn't there been any new developments on Gopher as of late?  No new spectacular Gopher announcements?  Will Gopher have a booth at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo showing off GopherVR running on either Google Cardboard or the Oculus Rift?
>
> On a side note, has anybody created a fuse module for Gopher?  If not, I may tackle that, as I think it would be interesting to see.

I  created a gopherfs using FUSE some years ago: [0] There is no LICENSE
in it but I now tend to release my projects under GPLv3.

It’s  unpolished  but works. What’s missing is some easy way to traverse
into a whole directory tree and check for its existance. And making  all
elements  in  the gopher menu appear in the directory listing screws the
menus up because of sorting. These problems made me stop working on  the
gopherfs.

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann

[0] http://www.r-36.net/src/Various/gopherfs-0.7.tgz