[gopher] Gopher/NNTP hybrid server

Cameron Kaiser spectre at floodgap.com
Tue Jun 16 01:44:25 UTC 2015

> I am currently debating on starting a new project which would essentially
> marry the Gopher protocol with NNTP(USENET). So, you can easily browse all
> the forums via a gopher client, and post articles and posts via the USENET
> protocol.

I like the idea conceptually, but I'm not sure if the intention is to use a
single client that reads over gopher and posts over NNTP, or to use one to
read and a separate program to post.

NNTP is pretty simple to implement, just watch out for portscanning spambots.

-- BOND THEME NOW PLAYING: "Thunderball" --------------------------------------