[gopher] Preference in Gopher clients

Cameron Kaiser spectre at floodgap.com
Thu Jan 7 16:25:45 UTC 2016

> I would personally prefer the normal OverbiteFF view on the right, and a
> directory tree on a narrower column on the left. I'm quite certain some
> older Netscapes had that kind of view of the Gopherspace.

I really would like to see more client diversity, especially (as Walter
mentioned) integrated clients. Android intents help to make Overbite
Android better integrated (tap a gopher:// link, it gets pushed to
Overbite, no configuration or "Select An Application" required) but other
than OverbiteFF there's really no desktop integrated substitute.

Besides, Gopher's interface agnosticism is its strength, right? There
can be lots of paradigms to render a Gopher menu ...

-- Mmmm, Windows user. Crunchy and good with ketchup. -- Dave McGuire ---------