[gopher] (no subject)

Kevin Veroneau kevin at veroneau.net
Sat Jan 9 19:34:07 UTC 2016

I use the SD card on my Pi for everything.  With the price of SD cards being so ridiculously cheap, 32GB for less than a $20 bill, and that's also brand name Kingston.  I honestly don't see the big deal on using the SD card for a gopher server plus more.  As long as you back up your data regularly, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.  Also SD cards these days I believe can sustain more writes than SD cards of years past.  Smartphones use a similar flash technology for their internal storage, and android uses FAT32 still for the user data section.  So if Google and millions of smartphone users are totally fine, I'm sure my Pi running a low load and access gopher server will be around for at least a couple years with no SD card degradation.