[gopher] OverbiteFF 3.1 available

Mateusz Viste mateusz at viste.fr
Sun Jan 10 07:25:27 UTC 2016

To be honest, I think you overreact a little.

The behaviour of substituting TAB-queries by '?' queries might very well
be older than v3.1, but there is one huge difference between this last
release and the previous one: now, one *must* use the buggy in-line
search query form (because that's the only thing that shows up when
clicking on a type 7 query), while in the previous release I never used
it, since clicking on a type 7 query triggered a popup window that
worked fine (with the exception maybe that at some point it started
asking twice for searches, but that was not a major trouble).

The simple truth is that the current Overbite version is unusable, while
the previous one was mostly fine. I can only suggest that instead of
getting angry at the entire world, you should try testing your own
software before releasing something that doesn't work.

As of right now, I reverted from 3.1.1684 to 3.0.1627.1-signed, and
search queries work again, so I will stay like that.

Mateusz