[gopher] OverbiteFF 3.1 available

Cameron Kaiser spectre at floodgap.com
Sun Jan 10 07:32:50 UTC 2016

> The behaviour of substituting TAB-queries by '?' queries might very well
> be older than v3.1, but there is one huge difference between this last
> release and the previous one: now, one *must* use the buggy in-line
> search query form (because that's the only thing that shows up when
> clicking on a type 7 query), while in the previous release I never used
> it, since clicking on a type 7 query triggered a popup window that
> worked fine (with the exception maybe that at some point it started
> asking twice for searches, but that was not a major trouble).

You can also middle click.

> The simple truth is that the current Overbite version is unusable, while
> the previous one was mostly fine. I can only suggest that instead of
> getting angry at the entire world, you should try testing your own
> software before releasing something that doesn't work.

I'm not even going to dignify this, because it was working perfectly fine
on this end *with* the inline search system for the last three years.

It'll be fixed in the next version, or sooner if there's some other problem
that crops up. Feel free to revert otherwise if you prefer.

-- Why, I'd horsewhip you if I had a horse! -- Groucho Marx -------------------