[gopher] Raspberry Pi, Gopher and UTF-8

Kim Holviala kim at holviala.com
Mon Jan 11 06:53:53 UTC 2016

Hi,

Having tested different charsets across gopher servers and clients, the only thing that ever worked properly was 7-bit US-ASCII. Yes, you can try using others like Latin-1 or UTF-8 but the results vary and I'm willing to bet that most users will get a broken screen (unless they know how to mess with browser settings).

- Kim